Text Size:

From 1st April 2013 Council Tax Benefit was replaced by Local Support for Council Tax. Your Local Authority runs the scheme to provide the support for Council Tax.

You can apply for help if:

  • You are in reciept of Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit or
  • You are on a low income (includes benefits, wages and self-employed) and you or your partner are responsible for the council tax bill

You cannot get Council Tax Support if you, or you partner have over £16,000 in savings (unless you are in reciept of Pension Credit Guarantee)

For more information about the scheme in Doncaster contact the Housing Benefits Team on 01302 735336 or visit the website here. You can apply for help on the DMBC website here.



DIAL Disclaimer
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.

Go To Top