Text Size:
Home > Information > Fact Sheets > NHS Dental Treatment


01302 327800

Helpline Available:

(24 hour answer-machine available)
Fax: 01302 327205
Minicom: 01302 768297

Office Opening Times:

Monday - Friday
9.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday/Sunday - Closed


Credit Card Logo

We accept Debit & Credit Card Payments

Link to The Information Standard Website
NHS Dental Treatment Print E-mail

General Information

There are three standard charges for all National Health Service (NHS) dental treatment. The amount you pay depends on the treatment you need to keep your teeth and http://www.dialdoncaster.co.uk/viagara-substitution gums healthy. From 1st April 2015 you will pay one of the http://www.waldorfschule-frankfurt.de/cialis-online-sales following charges:

  • £18.80 - This charge will include an examination, diagnosis and preventative care. If necessary, this will include x-rays, scale and polish and planning for further treatment.


  • £51.30 - This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £18.80 charge plus additional treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment or extractions.


  • £222.50 - This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £18.80 and the £51.30 charges PLUS more complex procedures such as crowns, dentures or bridges.

If you are exempt from NHS dental charges you will still receive free treatment and care.

People who are entitled to Free Treatment

The following patients are entitled to NHS dental treatment free and should tell the dentist that they are entitled to it:

  • under 18 years of age
  • under 19 years and in full time education
  • a woman who is pregnant when the treatment starts
  • a woman who has had a child during the past year - if you start a course of dental treatment before your child's first birthday.
  • You stay in an NHS hospital and the hospital dentist carries out your treatment
  • An NHS Hospital Dental Service outpatient (although you may have to pay for dentures or bridges)

You are getting:

  • Income Support
  • Income - based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income - related Employment and cialis online order Support Allowance 
  • Receive Pension Credit (guarantee credit)
  • Universal Credit (check entitlement after 31st October 2015)

Low Income Scheme

The Low Income Scheme for help with charges for Dental Treatment is operated by the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA).

The assessment is broadly the same as for Income Support (IS) but with some changes.

If you have capital that is over the www.dragonball-pt.info capital limits which are currently £16,000 or £23,250 for people who live permanently in a care home, you cannot claim any help through this scheme. If your income is less than, or equal to, your requirements, you are entitled to full help for dental treatment. The NHSBSA will send you a HC2 Certificate. If your income is higher than your requirements, you may be able to get help for dental treatment. The NHSBSA will send you a HC3 Certificate to show that you are entitled to partial help. For dental charges your maximum contribution is 3 times your excess income.

Claim on form HC1, this you can obtain from your local Jobcentre Plus office, The NHSBSA, an NHS Hospital, a Family Doctor or an Optician. After you have claimed on the form the NHSBSA will send you a decision.

If you are not happy with the Decision

There is no right of appeal against a decision made by the PPA. However if you feel they have made a mistake, write and ask them to reconsider, or ask for a review of the decision. Go to www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk or telephone 0300 330 1341.

Your Rights

It is your right under the 'Patients Charter' to have any complaint about the National Health Services investigated and to be given a full and prompt written reply.

Under the Equality Act it is the responsibility of the service provider (dental practice) to ensure that the services they provide are accessible to all.

If you (the patient) are registered to a private or NHS dental practice as a NHS or private patient and you are unable to access the services because of a physical barrier then the dental practice is in breach of the Equality Act.  If the dental practice is in the process of making their services accessible it would be a reasonable adjustment for the dentist to refer you to an accessible practice for treatment.  It is not your responsibility to do this yourself. It is their responsibility.

In case of any complaints write to:
NHS Doncaster CCG
Sovereign House
Heavens Walk
Tel: 01302 566 300
Website: www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk

Finding a Dentist
You can visit www.nhs.uk  or telephone Healthwatch on 0808 8010391 for a current list of dental practices that are taking on new NHS patients.

If you require emergency dental care, you should call the NHS 111 Service.


DIAL Disclaimer
Whilst all the information given in this fact sheet was correct at the time of going to press,
DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.


Last Updated on Thursday, 16 April 2015 14:15

Buy Lumigan Eye drops|buy lipitor without prescription|Buy Diflucan no prescription, Buy Dostinex no prescription|buy norvasc|buy retin-a online