Respiratory Specialist Nursing
We help Doncaster people living with a diagnosed respiratory condition in a setting close to, or within their homes.
We also offer advice, education and support to primary care clinicians and healthcare professionals.
- Assessment for suitability of pulmonary rehabilitation
- Inhaler and nebuliser technique and usage
- Smoking cessation interventions offered to all smokers and onward referral where appropriate
- Development of care plans, including self-management, in cooperation with patients, GPs and carers
- Education and advice on issues such as relaxation, recognition of the early symptoms of exacerbation, recognition of the early symptoms of exacerbation, productive coughing techniques, energy conservation
- Patient and carer education, specifically on the causes and progress of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as advice on weight, exercise, nutrition, alcohol consumption, medicines and well being
- Medication reviews and recommendations
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.