Doncaster Young Persons Advice Service (DYPAS)
Doncaster Young Persons Advice Service (DYPAS) is a free and independent service, available to 16 to 25 year olds who are facing issues with housing or welfare benefits. The advice and support available is there to help young vulnerable and socially isolated people who:
- Have increased pressures due to low income
- Are unemployed
- Are reliant on welfare benefits
- Problems understanding the complex changes to the welfare benefits system
- Have difficulties in relation to accommodation (increased housing costs, landlord/tenant issues, homelessness etc.)
The service is run in partnership with DIAL Doncaster and M25 Housing and Support Group. These organisations share a wealth of experience of advice-giving in the field of welfare benefits and housing to a Specialist Quality Mark standard.
If you, or anyone you know, would benefit from this service, you can get in touch with any of the organisations below.
Our Young Person's Benefits Adviser can...
- Provide welfare benefit checks
- Help with filling in forms
- Assist you in tribunals
- Do home visits (if needed)
- Make appointments to discuss your benefit issues at our office
Our Young Person's Housing Adviser can assist with housing issues such as...
- Homeless options
- Disrepair issues
- Council Housing
- Finding accommodation
- Rent arrears
- Possession proceedings
- Landlord eviction and harassment