Doncaster Carers Service
Eligibility: Carers 18+
Cost of Service: Information and advice is free.
Doncaster Carers Service, Carers Moving Forward, is a new service for adult carers. The service is provided under contract to Doncaster Council by Age UK Doncaster.
Doncaster Carers Service, Carers Moving Forward supports adults, living in Doncaster who give practical or emotional support to a family member, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse issues.
Doncaster Carers Service aims to:
- Identify and assist adult carers and move them forward
- Improve their health and well-being
- Improve their choices and opportunities
We operate an open door referral system where people can refer themselves or be referred by another person. We will support carers by:
- Providing information on a variety of subjects
- Signposting/making referrals to relevant agencies, support groups etc
- Being a listening ear
- Support to access the Carers Emergency Contact Scheme - a free service that can provide up to 48 hours care in an emergency.
We will be happy to attend support/community groups to talk about our service.
The Carers Emergency Contact scheme is a free service and can provide up to 48 hours care in an emergency. If you would like a Carers Emergency Contact scheme registration form, please contact us.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.