Epilepsy Specialist Nurses
Epilepsy nurse specialists play a key role in supporting patients with epilepsy across primary, secondary and tertiary care in managing their condition.
- To support people with newly diagnosed epilepsy as well as those with an established condition to live with rather than suffer from epilepsy
- To empower patients to manage their condition an live as normal a life as possible through appropriate medication and symptom management
- To prevent avoidable attendances/admissions to hospital
- To guide the patient through their pathway of care and be responsive to their changing needs
- To be a resource or education, research and audit
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.