Daytrippers was founded in 2003 to help children with disabilities, life limiting and terminal illness enjoy amazing experiences that otherwise might not be available to them.
- Daytrippers provides funding for group daytrips and organising Daytripper's own larger scale events.
- To date, Daytrippers has helped over 10,000 children enjoy some fantastic trips, including days to theme parks, the seaside, museums, theatres, wildlife parks as well as unique experiences such as specially organised scenic flights.
- Daytrippers have organised events such as film premieres, Halloween parties and football tournaments.
- Their daytrips and events are not only about kids having some fun, they are much more than that.
- They allow the children to experience new and exciting environments while integrating as much as possible.
- They know from experience that this helps improve their confidence and can also have a dramatic effect on their conditions.
- They work closely with other charities, schools, hospices, support groups and local authorities across the UK.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.