DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - a genetic condition which causes the skin to blister and shear at the slightest friction or even spontaneously.
Aims: We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). Until that day, we offer specialist care to those who need it. We give support to families affected. We provide real hope for the future by funding pioneering research which will one day find a cure.
- Funding world leading research into the condition with the aim of finding effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- Raising awareness of the issues surrounding EB to the general public, healthcare professionals, schools and other interested bodies.
- The DEBRA EB community support team offers a support, advice and advocacy and liaison service for individuals and families living and working with all types of EB.
- We are here to help you access the information you need to make informed choices about the things that concern you.
- The EB Community Support Team works closely with the four centres of excellence in EB, specialist EB nurses and other health and social care professionals.
- We provide information on EB and a range of issues related to the condition for people living and working with EB.
Membership: Membership is free, and entitles you to a host of benefits. Find out more by visiting the website as above or contact us.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.