Addressing the needs of people with dementia and their carers.
- To improve the quality of life for people affected by dementia.
- To address the needs of people with dementia and their carers both in the community and residential settings, by providing one-to-one support, advice and counselling.
- Promotes and develops Admiral Nursing - a specialist nursing intervention focused on meeting the needs of carers and supporters of people with dementia.
- Help with obtaining professional assessment, support services, welfare benefits and relief care.
- Provides quality training for professionals working with older people, carers and people with dementia.
- Promoting good practice in dementia care.
- Working in partnership with the NHS, Social Services, other voluntary groups, carers and people with dementia.
- Contribute to national policy on dementia, older people and carers' issues.
- Influence practice and policy development.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.