Derian House Children's Hospice
Derian House Children's Hospice is the lifeline which gives families the strength to go on, their means of survival through the darkest moments. It gives their children a home from home, the best possible medical care, and as much fun and laughter as they can pack into their shortened lives. These children suffer from a wide range of illnesses which means they may not be dying in the immediate sense, but suffer a relentless deterioration of their condition. Derian House offers them the optimum care and support to cope with their illness, and the means to lead as full and normal life as possible.
Aims: To support children and their families with vision and experience, warmth and sensitivity in a 'Home from Home' environment.
- Care offered at Derian House Children's Hospice is focused on specialist palliative respite and terminal care for children who may not live to reach adulthood.
- Partnerships of Care with the child and family are fostered through contact teams and key work support systems, and acknowledging and respecting parents as primary carers.
- Children and their families can embrace support and friendship in their own home through their Hospice at Home service.
- Respect is offered sensitively to their young adults, affording an honest and flexible approach to meeting their specific needs.
- Care continues with Bereavement Support for the family for as long as required, giving recognition to the need to never forget.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.