Diabetes UK is the charity for people with diabetes, their family, friends and carers.
- To set people free from the restrictions of diabetes.
- The highest quality care and information for all.
- An end to discrimination and ignorance.
- Universal understanding of diabetes and of Diabetes UK.
- A world without diabetes.
- Campaigning: By developing strong policies and ideas they work to influence government and the NHS to achieve the standards of care that people with diabetes deserve. They also work hard to raise awareness of diabetes and the issues, which affect people with the condition amongst healthcare professionals, people with diabetes and the public.
- Information: Diabetes UK provides high quality information for people with diabetes and healthcare professionals through leaflets, books and on the Internet. They also provide a Diabetes UK Careline, a telephone information and support service staffed by trained counsellors.
- Research: Diabetes UK funds more than £7.3 million of research into basic and clinical science and into issues which improve care for people with diabetes. They also campaign to get more funds into diabetes research.
Membership: Contact organisation for current membership fees.
Local Groups: They have information on the website about organisations in different areas of the UK.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.