Education Otherwise is a membership based organisation that provides support and information for families whose children are being educated outside school, and for those who wish to uphold the freedom of families to take proper responsibility for the education of their children.
- To encourage learning outside the school system.
- To reaffirm that parents have primary responsibility for their children's education and that they have the right to exercise this responsibility by educating them out of school.
- To establish the primary right of children to have full consideration given of their wishes and feelings about their education.
- To promote knowledge, understanding and acceptance of education otherwise than at school in the world at large.
- They offer support, advice and information to families who are practising or contemplating home-based education as an alternative to schooling.
- They have a network of over 100 voluntary local contacts spread over the country who usually will give personal help to members in their area.
- They are backed up by people who have specialised experience in various aspects of education "otherwise".
Membership: Members of Education Otherwise receive a Bi-Monthly Members only magazine, Contact List, Educational Resources, Local Groups Network, Encouragement, Home Education Card, Discounts, Campaigning and Lobbying. Visit the website for further details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.