The Elizabeth Foundation is a national charity supporting infants and pre-school aged children with hearing loss and their families, by providing help, support and encouragement. It is the Elizabeth Foundation's belief that it is the right of every deaf child to be given the opportunity to learn to listen and talk.
- To support families with hearing-impaired children.
- To empower deaf children to develop the listening and speaking skills necessary to participate in a mainstream educational environment with hearing children.
- To be committed to the "Multi Sensory Oral Approach" which is encouraging the development of speech, language and auditory training by using all of a child's senses in a natural, fun, child-centred environment.
Activities: Provides Family Centres for hearing-impaired pre-school children and their families. The centres are based in Hampshire and Yorkshire and provide the following services:
- Teaching for hearing-impaired pre-school children to develop their communication skills.
- Teaching for parents in the special skills necessary to teach speech and language to their child.
- Help, support, counselling and guidance for parents.
- Musical activities and songs to explore sound in a fun and engaging way.
- A Home Learning Programme providing distance-support for families with deaf children who live too far from one of our Family Centres to attend regularly.
Cost: Services free of charge to parents of hearing-impaired children.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.