To provide support to communities and families to enable them to control their lives.
Aims: To create a caring and secure society with supportive communities where families - living together or apart - can control their lives and futures.
Home and Project Based Support to Children and Families:
- Family Action's family centres offer drop-in facilities where children can play safely while their parents make new friends and learn new ways to manage their children's behaviour and to meet their emotional needs. Work includes practical matters such as budgeting and managing a home.
Community-Based Mental Health Service:
- Family Action offers day centres for people with profound mental health difficulties and can prevent readmission to hospital by providing skilled support and activity programmes.
- Residential care services are for people with long-term mental health problems, many of whom have spent 20 years in psychiatric hospitals. Family Action's Building Bridges services help families where a parent suffers significant mental ill-health, helping to keep children at home and parents out of hospital.
Financial Assistance to Those in Need:
- Family Action provides families and individuals with grants towards essential items such as beds, cookers and children's shoes.
- Applications for grants are made by Social Workers, Advice Workers and other Professionals on behalf of clients. Distribution is through a weekly meeting of the volunteer members of Family Action's grants panel.
Details can be found at: www.family-action.org.uk
Educational grants information is also available at: www.family-action.org.uk
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.