Foetal Alcohol Syndrome Aware UK
FASawareUK is a group of parents and professionals concerned with issues relating to FASD.
The group is devoted to raising awareness about Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and aim to reduce the incidence of birth defects caused by prenatal exposure to alcohol by sharing the message of informed choice. They also assist individuals and families struggling with the life-long disabilities associated with FASD.
Aims: FASawareUK believes that all people should have access to information, advice and guidance to make informed choices about the effects of alcohol during pregnancy and the detrimental impact on the adults and children throughout their lives. Through awareness raising, training, campaigning and support networks, FASawareUK will seek to address these issues in a supportive and practical way.
- FASawareUK forums are a great resource for communicating, finding & sharing information about Foetal Alcohol Syndrome - accessed through their website.
- Offers telephonic support.
- Offers in-house training.
- Local groups (contact for further information).
- Interactive forum on the website.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.