Go Kids Go!
Formerly known as the Association of Wheelchair Children. Offers support and assistance to children who use a wheelchair.
- To develop children's independence and full potential whilst they are in their wheelchairs including participation in wheelchair sports.
- To help parents wherever possible to secure the right kind of wheelchair needed for their child.
- To provide any kind of additional aid required to meet an individual child's special needs.
- Provide specialist training in a variety of locations for children who use wheelchairs, imparting the skills knowledge and confidence to move safely around their home and neighbourhood.
- As well as mobility aids, the organisation can also provide communication aids, or if they have severe hand function problems, the organisation can supply notebook computers etc.
Cost: Service is free of charge.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.