Habinteg Housing Association Ltd
Address: Hoyler House 20 - 21 Red Lion Court London EC4A 3EB
Tel: 020 7822 8700
Fax: 020 7822 8701
Housing Association providing affordable accessible homes.
- Habinteg's aim is to provide homes that are accessible, adaptable and affordable.
- Habinteg were commissioned by the Disability Rights Commission in 2005 to write the guidance for the social housing sector on the Disability Equality Duty and Part 3 of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Has more than 30 years experience in housing and disability and use their expertise to create neighbourhoods that allow everyone to live independently, whatever their age, impairment or cultural background.
- Works closely with other housing providers and key agencies and campaign for accessible housing and inclusive design, so as to move towards a society without barriers for disabled people.
- The social model of disability is crucial to every aspect of their work: they believe people are disabled by barriers in society and negative public attitudes, rather than by their own impairments.
- They also treat the diversity of their own employees as a vital resource, and use their experience and skills to help them in their work.
- They believe that disability is a mainstream issue, and that by providing housing that can be used by all people, whether disabled or not, they can help to create a truly inclusive society.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.
Located in: Listing