Previously known as: Headway National Head Injuries Association.
Support group for people with head injuries and their families.
- To dedicate itself to the care and reintegration of brain injured people within the community.
- To reduce the incidence and severity of brain injuries.
- To promote the understanding of all aspects of head injuries.
- To provide information, support and services to people who have suffered a head injury, their family and carers.
- Provides information on the possible consequences and problems relating to head injuries.
- Runs a professional advisory service.
- Maintains a list of rehabilitation centres.
- Maintains a list of solicitors who specialise in personal injury compensation claims.
- Has over 60 day care centre to provide respite care, activities and therapeutic facilities.
- Lobbies members of Parliament and the Department of Health for an improvement in the provision of services for brain injured people.
- Campaigns to help stop injuries and promote understanding of its effects.
- Development Officers who support local groups and increase local services.
- Helpline which operates from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Messages can be left at any time.
Local Groups: More than 110 local groups and branches across the UK.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.