Hearing Voices Network
Offer information, support and understanding to people who hear voices.
- To help people come to terms with voice hearing (usually classified as schizophrenia).
- To be committed to helping people who hear voices.
- To raise awareness of voice hearing, visions, tactile sensations and other sensory experiences.
- Helping workers in the mental health field to understand peoples experiences.
- Promoting, developing and supporting self-help groups.
- Organising and delivering training sessions for health workers and the general public.
- Gives men, women and children who have these experiences an opportunity to talk freely about them.
Cost: Enquire for details of training costs.
Local Groups: 31 self-help groups in England, Wales and Scotland, also active groups in Oxford, London, Fife, Newcastle, Bangor, Avon and Ipswich.
Membership: Contact for current membership fees.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.