Henshaws Society for Blind People
Address: Atherton House 88 - 92 Talbot Road Old Trafford Manchester M16 0GS
Tel: 0161 872 1234
Fax: 0161 848 9889
Advice and information on all aspects of visual impairment.
- Children and family services.
- Community outreach services.
- IT training and support (Merseyside Resource Centre).
- Advice, information and support.
- Visual impairment and Environmental assessments awareness training.
- Supported Community Housing at Crown Green Road in Eccles, Salford.
- Independence and vocational training for young blind and disabled people at hsbp College in Harrogate, including students who are deaf-blind and those with multiple disabilities and learning difficulties.
- Residential Care for the elderly, some of whom are deaf-blind, at the Pendleton centre in Salford and Southport Centre.
- Subsidised holidays and mini-breaks by the sea at Belmont Hotel in Llandudno.
- Community Housing in Harrogate and Newcastle.
- Arts and Crafts Centre in Knaresborough providing training and employment opportunities for 50 visually impaired people working in craft workshops alongside professional artists.
- Training and Professional Development Centre at Harrogate - provide a range of programmes for professional training, development and education.
- Patient Support Service at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.
Located in: Listing