Hepatitis B Trust
UK Charity offering disease information to the general public, patients, their families and friends, includes message board, personal stories, current news and test.
- To promote interventions designed to prevent hepatitis B virus infection, including universal immunisation.
- To promote the welfare of people with hepatitis B virus infection and its related complications by educating people with the infection, health professionals and others who care for them, and the general public.
- To facilitate supportive networking between patients, their families and friends.
- To secure the best possible services in the UK for the management of liver disease related to hepatitis B virus infection, including liver cancer.
- Raises awareness about the prevention of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, including the key role of immunisation.
- Raises awareness about the treatment and management of chronic hepatitis B.
- Offers advice and information to individuals with HBV infection or to their families and friends, providing a 'bespoke' service by phone/e-mail/post.
- Facilitates networking between patients and/or families affected by HBV infection, putting people in touch with others for support and sharing of experiences.
- Campaigns to secure the best possible services in the UK for the prevention of HBV infection, including Universal immunisation.
- Campaigns to secure the best possible services in the UK for the management of hepatitis B virus-related liver diseases, including liver cancer.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.