Hepatitis C Trust
The Hepatitis C Trust is the National UK charity for hepatitis C and has been operating since 2001. It is an entirely patient-led and patient-run organisation: all of its staff, both paid and voluntary, either have hepatitis C or have had it and have cleared it after treatment.
- To help those with Hepatitis C, primarily by providing them with both information and support.
- To raise public awareness of the disease. Half a million people in the UK have Hepatitis C, but 9 out of 10 people who have it, still don't know.
- To campaign for a sensible and vigorous government response to this epidemic.
- To initiate research into the many areas of Hepatitis C that continue to be poorly understood.
- Operates a website dedicated to being the most authoritative, comprehensive and up-to-date information resource on Hepatitis C in the UK.
- Are also committed to raising awareness by working to highlight the advantages of getting tested.
- Runs a helpline manned by people who have or have had hepatitis C.
- Informing the general public about the truths of Hepatitis C to reduce misconceptions and promote support and understanding around the subject.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.