Huntingtons Disease Association
Support group for anyone with Huntingtons Disease, their families and carers.
- To support families affected by Huntingtons Disease.
- To promote research, relief and treatment.
- To disseminate knowledge about the disease.
- To provide information, comfort and support (including financial support where appropriate) to families and their associated professionals.
- Provides information and advice to families, friends and health care professionals whose task it is to support Huntingtons Disease families in the UK.
- Research programme, which promotes and funds both medical and social research.
- Operates a Central Care Information, Advice and Support Service.
Also operates a Regional Care Advisory Service, these consist of teams of Regional Care Advisers who:
- Provide information and advice to families.
- Answer crisis calls and liaise with other professional service providers.
- Promote and develop a full range of local services.
- Identify suitable respite and residential care facilities.
- Liaise with local branches and self-help groups.
- Give talks and organise seminars and training days.
- Provide speakers for training sessions.
- Provide workshops for service providers and users such as health, social services, nursing homes and residential care staff teams.
Local Groups: Informal local groups where families mix socially, provide mutual support and form local links with professionals and other groups in the community.
Membership: Membership is free.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.