IA Ileostomy & Internal Pouch Support Group
Support and information for those affected by Ileostomy & internal pouch.
Previously known as Ileostomy Association of Great Britain & Ireland and Ileostomy & Internal Pouch Support Group.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am till 5:00 pm.
- To promote and co-ordinate research.
- To work in close co-operation with medical authorities for the complete rehabilitation of all ileostomy & internal pouch patients.
- To improve knowledge about the management of ileostomies or pouches and encourage development of new ostomy equipment, skin-care preparations.
- To help anyone who has had, or is about to have, their colon removed.
- To provide a telephone service for people who have had, or are about to have, their colon removed offering information, advice and listening.
- Home and Hospital visiting.
- Members meetings.
- Equipment Exhibitions.
- Stomacare clinics.
- Medical research.
- Advisory services.
- Lectures and demonstrations.
- Local groups.
Membership: Full membership is open to anyone who has had their colon removed by surgery or who have an ileostomy or internal pouch. Associate membership is open to anyone who has an interest in IA's work.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.