International Glaucoma Association
Address: Woodcote House 15 Highpoint Business Village Henwood Ashford Kent TN24 8DH
Tel: 01233 648 170 (Sightline)
Support organisation for people with Glaucoma.
- To prevent blindness from Glaucoma throughout the world.
- To increase awareness of Glaucoma.
- To be committed to providing accessible, high-quality information and support services to Glaucoma patients, the general public and professionals working in ophthalmic and ophthalmological fields.
- To endeavour to offer people who are interested in preventing blindness from Glaucoma a useful forum for the exchange of news and views, as well as the opportunity to campaign actively for greater Government recognition of the problem in the UK and throughout the world.
- To reduce needless Glaucoma blindness and the misery it causes in this country and throughout the world by stimulating the provision of better resources for the early detection and careful management of Glaucoma.
- Campaigns for better detection of Glaucoma and improved services for Glaucoma patients.
- Practical information and emotional support for people with Glaucoma via their Sightline.
- Regular "meet the experts" meetings in regional locations.
- Funding important clinical research.
- Holds meetings and discussion forums.
- Higher education in Glaucoma for nurses.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.
Located in: Listing