The purpose ofAbilityNet is to offer computer assistance to individuals with disabilities by providing volunteers who will visit disabled people in their homes and at other locations such as day centres.
- To offer computer assistance to people with disabilities.
- To assist those people for whom the computer is their principal means of communication, helping them to write or speak.
- To improve computer support services for people with disabilities.
AbilityNetcan help you in the following ways:
- Provide impartial advice on computer hardware and software.
- Install new equipment and software.
- Help you get connected to the internet and use e-mail.
- Get you started with standard packages such as word processing.
- Solve technical problems that may arise.
- Give advice and assistance with hardware and software upgrades.
- Help you get the most out of your computer and software.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.