Leonard Cheshire Disability
Leading charity provider of support services for disabled people both in the UK and across the world.
- To breakdown barriers that can exist for disabled people trying to access training and employment.
- To work with disabled people throughout the world, regardless of their colour, race or creed, by providing the environment necessary for each individual's physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
Working in partnership with commercial, voluntary and public sector organisations to provide:
- Computer equipment for disabled adults in their homes.
- Training in IT skills.
- Help in the job search process.
- Creating employment and training opportunities for disabled people.
All the above services are provided as part of Leonard Cheshire's Disability Workability Scheme.
- Providing over 160 services in the UK, creating independence and freedom of choice for disabled people. Leonard Cheshire Disability works with social services departments, health authorities and housing associations to ensure the highest standard of practice. But their most important partnership is with service users themselves, to provide each person with choices about how they live their lives.
- Leonard Cheshire Disability International supports over 250 services in 57 countries providing day care, skills training and rehabilitation, independent living and residential care.
- Offering residential homes, respite and respite care at home services, day services, holiday services, rehabilitation, specialist services for people with acquired brain injury and independent/supported living units.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.