Practical support and advice, website and telephone information service focusing on eye care and vision for people with learning disabilities.
Service Provided: It is a service that is managed by SeeAbility and operates within the Yorkshire and Humber region and across the UK to:
- Raise awareness of the prevalence of sight problems and the high level of under detection of these problems amongst people who have learning disabilities.
- Improve and increase access to regular, accessible and effective eye care for adults with learning disabilities.
- Enhance the quality of life for people with learning disabilities when a sight problem has been identified.
- Help social care and health professionals to develop better services for people with learning disabilities.
- Encourage independence and support to make informed choices.
- Inclusion in all aspects of mainstream life.
- The website shows lots of information including, a list of opticians in the local area, eye care and how to get support with an eye test.
- Local Support and Advice contact for Yorkshire and Humber is Laura Christie contact 0114 2322 185.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.