Macular Disease Society
Self-help support group for people with Macular Disease.
- To offer a support group run by and for people with Macular Disease.
- To offer a self-help society for those suffering from any of the eye conditions encompassed by the overall name of Macular Disease.
- To build confidence and independence for those with central vision impairment.
- Runs network of local self-help groups.
- Organises its own eye-donor scheme.
- Holding several conferences each year at various locations around the UK to enable their members to hear of the latest developments from acknowledged experts in the field of Macular Disease.
- Providing information and practical support so that those with the condition may make the most of their remaining vision.
- Also provide information for health professionals, campaign for better services, sponsor research and raise awareness of Macular Degeneration and preventative measures.
Local Groups: There are currently 134 member groups, and 4 "Working Age Members" (WAM) groups around the UK. This includes members in 28 countries outside the UK
- Ordinary UK Membership £15.00 per annum.
- European Membership £25.00 per annum.
- Rest of the World Membership £35.00 per annum.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.