Meningitis Research Foundation
- to promote research into the causes and treatment of all forms of meningitis and associated infections.
- to promote the dissemination of knowledge gained by such research.
- to advance the education of the public in the causes, treatment and prevention of meningitis and associated infections.
- to help relieve the distress to individuals and families caused by death and damage through meningitis and associated infections.
- 24 hour helpline providing information to the general public and health professionals, and offering support to those affected by these diseases.
- funding vital scientific research into prevention, detection and treatment of meningitis and septicaemia, and to improve survival rates and outcomes.
- working in the community to raise awareness of meningitis and septicaemia.
- offering support through in-depth information and befriending to individuals and families affected by meningitis and septicaemia.
- also promotes education and awareness to reduce death and disability, and gives support to people affected.
Local Groups: Regional offices in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Membership: Membership is offered to individuals and families with personal experience of meningitis and meningococcal septicaemia.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.