Mental Health Foundation
The Mental Health Foundation (which now incorporates the Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities) is the leading UK charity working to improve services for both people with mental health problems and people with learning disabilities. It is the only charity to fund and work with both service users and providers and plays an important role in funding research and new approaches to prevention, treatment and care.
- To improve the support available for people with mental health problems and people with learning difficulties.
- To strive to reduce the stigma attached to mental illness and learning disabilities.
- Providing information for anybody who may be experiencing mental health problems, or who may want to find out more.
- Allocating grants for research and community projects.
- Contributing to the public debate.
- Educating policy makers and health care professionals.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.