Mesothelioma is a form of cancer that effects the Mesothelium, which is a thin membrane that lines the inner surface of the chest wall where it is known as the pleura, and abdomen, where it is known as the peritoneum. It also surrounds the organs found within these cavities for example the heart, lungs and intestines.
- Mesothelioma UK provides impartial up-to-date information for patients diagnosed with Mesothelioma and their carers.
- The centre supports the development of specialist nursing practice and research which promotes the highest possible standards of care.
- There is a freephone helpline available which provides access to timely, accurate and relevant advice for patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
- Callers are able to access local information and support and be signposted to relevant websites.
- The department of Health have produced advice for the NHS on how to organise services for Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma patients to improve quality of care across the country.
- Gives information and guidance on Mesothelioma for people with the disease and their carers.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.