Mind is the leading mental health charity in England and Wales working to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress by:
- advancing the views, needs and ambitions of people with mental health problems
- challenging discrimination and promoting inclusion
- influencing policy through campaigning and education
- inspiring the development of quality services which reflect expressed need and diversity
- achieving equal rights through campaigning and education.
- Provides a mental health information service to people contacting us by phone, email or letter.
- Offers information, support and understanding.
- Seeks to empower people, enabling them to make informed choices.
- Gives legal information on mental health issues and can refer people to community legal services if appropriate.
- Researches information that helps them respond to the varying needs of different groups in the community.
- Ensures confidentiality - no caller's name is kept without permission and all letters and e-mails are shredded or deleted within three months.
- Posts all information in unmarked envelopes.
- Operates Mind's equal opportunities policy.
- Occasionally monitors phone calls for training purposes.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.