Resettlement Advice Service
Freephone: 0800 0181 259 - for prisoners only.
Resettlement Advice Service: 020 7840 1212 - for employers, probation and anyone else.
The Crime Reduction Charity.
- To help prevent crime through policy, development and direct services and projects which tackle the social and economic factors associated with crime as well as offering constructive alternatives for those most at risk of offending.
- To offer people who have been in trouble with the law, and those at risk of becoming so, the opportunity to lead law-abiding lives in the community.
- Provides a national Resettlement Helpline which accepts enquiries by phone and in writing.
- A network of local training centres preparing ex-offenders and others with special needs to become effective members of the workforce.
- Housing and practical resettlement support for ex-offenders and other single homeless people, helping them to move on the independent accommodation.
- Working within prisons offering resettlement advice.
- Youth activity units offering structured activity to young people who may otherwise be at risk of offending.
- Training services for professionals working with ex-offenders and others with special needs.
- Policy, development and research services in the fields of crime and social policy, mental health, race and criminal justice and youth crime.
Local Groups: Numerous local offices - contact organisation for details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.