Education, training, advancement and development of those with special and additional support needs.
- To promote the interests of those with exceptional learning needs and/or disabilities.
- Provide a forum for those actively working with or caring for children and young people with special and additional educational needs and/or disabilities.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of policy and practice.
- To develop the Association's structure to run efficiently and effectively.
- To offer a comprehensive service and relevant products to all members.
- To collaborate with organisations and associations concerned with education.
- To promote the principles of effective inclusion.
- To develop the Association's profile within the global market.
- To prepare for and respond to key government legislation and guidance.
- To provide significant input into Government policy on all aspects of special and additional needs and disabilities.
- To disseminate and commission research and policy development in areas of interest to members of the Association.
- To research and develop world class solutions to support those working with or caring for children and young people with special and additional needs and disabilities.
Membership: Gives you up-to-date professional information through:
- Support for Learning quarterly.
- The British Journal of Special Education quarterly.
- The nasen magazine Special bi-monthly.
- Access to on-line Journal of Research in Special Needs.
- Every new nasen policy document.
- Access to the nasen website and journal database.
- Discount on nasen's wide range of professional publications.
- Large discounts on all of nasen's courses, national and local.
Subscription rates are as follows: Individual (UK) £68.00
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.