National Association for Bikers with a Disability
Association for bikers with a disability and their non-disabled friends.
Aims: To help disabled riders to get on the road, whether they have become disabled due to accident, illness or from birth.
- Financial grants: to help with the cost special adaptation work to bikes, trikes and sidecar outfits.
- Assessments and training: to regain driving licences from the DVLA or to undergo initial rider training for disabled people who wish to take up motorcycling. There are discounts available with several training schools.
- The NABD has a number of 'learner legal' machines which are adapted to suit various disabilities. These machines are lent to disabled riders free of charge for the purposes of professional training and tests.
- Motorcycle and trike insurance: some companies offer discounts to NABD members.
- Increasing awareness among organisers of motorcycle events.
- Information on specialist engineers offering adaptation work to motorcycles.
- Events including rallies, concerts and fundraising.
- Campaigning for motorcycles and trikes to be included in the Motability Scheme.
Cost: Apply for details.
Local Groups: A wide network of elected representatives throught Britain who co-ordinate the efforts of local members and organise regular meetings and fundraising events.
- Individual (UK and Ireland) £20, Renewal £15
- Individual (Europe) £25, Renewal £20
- Individual (World) £30, Renewal £25
- Family (UK and Ireland) £30, Renewal £25
- Junior (Postal applications only) £10.50, Renewal £5.50
- Club Affiliation (UK and Ireland) £25, Renewal £25
- Club Affiliation (Overseas) £35, Renewal £35
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.