National Association for Tertiary Education for Deaf People
NATED exists to promote and develop opportunities for deaf learners in further, higher and continuing education and training. It aims to enable these learners to access their chosen learning programmes and achieve their desired outcome.
The aim of NATED is to promote education and training opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing students and trainees across the tertiary sector by:
- Holding annual, national meetings fir the exchange of ideas and discussion of current topics of concern.
- Providing opportunities for networking at a local and regional level.
- Working with awarding bodies to ensure that their policies and procedures promote fair assessment for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Contributing to research into support services for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Promoting the development of support services for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Facilitating multi-agency collaboration to produce relevant and appropriate assessment, teaching and learning methods.
- Assist the development of effective transition into and beyond further education.
- Making representations to the relevant funding, government and educational bodies to ensure that the needs of the deaf and hard of hearing students are taken into account.
- Producing publications particularly relevant to the delivery and assessment of education and training for deaf and hard of hearing students.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.