National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers
Forum for welfare rights advisers.
- To challenge, influence and improve welfare rights policy and legislation.
- To promote NAWRA as the national voice of welfare rights advisers.
- Building a strong national network of welfare rights advisers from all sectors.
- Seeking to influence government proposals and existing legislation by utilising the expertise of their members.
- Identifying and sharing good practice and promoting anti-discriminatory practice.
- Offering mutual support and providing a forum for discussion.
- Facilitating learning workshops and distributing information.
- Recognising and challenging discriminatory legislation.
- Promoting welfare rights issues and encouraging effective partnership working.
Membership: To qualify for membership you must be a welfare rights adviser who offers free advice, independent information, advocacy and/or training on income-related issues and be aware of the legal entitlement of the public to welfare benefits. There is an annual membership subscription. Details of current rates can be obtained from CPAG.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.