Network 81 is the national network for parents of children with special educational needs.
Working towards properly resourced inclusive education by:
- To enhance opportunities for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To support parents and carers offering unbiased advice and providing training on all matters regarding the education of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To raise awareness and publicise good practice in the education of children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- To offer support to other voluntary groups and professionals through training and provision of information and advice.
- To encourage parents to take their rightful place in the education policy-making process, including equal access to information.
- To promote parent-professional partnership.
- Helpline operating from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Friday, offering advice and information on special educational needs, assessment, the statementing process, choosing a school, communication with schools and local authorities, rights of parents and of children.
- Links parents with local support groups where possible and appropriate.
Also offers advice to parents on a range of topics including:
- Choosing a school.
- Inclusive education.
- Educational Law and the Code of Practice.
- Communication with schools and Education Authorities.
- Local and national organisations available to help parents.
- In-house training on Special Education needs and other related topics, tailored to individual needs.
Local Groups: Links with other groups and individuals have been created.
Membership is encouraged under the following categories:
- Individual/Family £20.00
- Group Membership £25.00
- LEA membership £35.00
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.