Newman Holiday Trust
The Trust provides summer holidays for children with special needs, in various locations around the UK.
- To provide high quality, activity-based holidays for children with special needs at no cost to the child's family or carer.
- To support the full time carers of these children by giving them a respite week.
- To give the best possible care for children disabilities through qualified training of volunteers.
- To create a supportive and community spirited environment which encourages the awakening of social and creative abilities.
- To gather feedback from volunteers, carers, parents, social workers and children to evolve constantly and improve the service they provide.
- The holidays provide a range of fun activities in a safe and supported environment and use a care ratio of one helper to one child at all times.
- The Trust is an entirely voluntary organisation and owes its success to over 200 people who dedicate their free time to helping these children.
- The voluntary structure ensures that every penny raised goes to directly towards a child's holiday.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.