Aims to help people who suffer from panic attacks, phobias, anxiety neuroses, obsessive/compulsive disorders and those who are trying to give up tranquilisers.
- Starts, develops and maintains local self-help groups.
- Maintains liaison with statutory services and other interested organisations.
- Provides information and support for people trying to give up tranquillisers, and their families.
- Providing a confidential telephone helpline 10:00 am to 10:00 pm every day, staffed by trained volunteers.
- Providing drop-in centre on a regular basis.
- Providing telephone recovery groups and one-to-one telephone mentoring.
- Providing a night-time anxiety crisis line 10:00 pm to 10:00 am every day (answerphone service only).
- Providing support to sufferers and carers.
- Providing lay-person self-help cognitive and behaviour therapy as a basis for recovery.
- Providing a "Contact" booklet service for members wishing to make phone-friends and pen-pals.
Membership: Contact for current membership fees.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.