Organisation for Anti-Convulsant Syndromes
Support group for sufferers and families of those born with a Foetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome.
- To provide help and support to families with children affected by the syndrome.
- To increase awareness of Foetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome.
- To make women aware of contraceptives and how they affect Anti-Convulsant Medication.
- To make young girls understand their epilepsy and the difficulties if they should become pregnant.
- To encourage parents in their quest for diagnosis.
- To ensure that women taking Anti-Convulsant medication are aware of the risks and the steps which can be taken to minimise them.
- To give information concerning the additional problems caused by the effects of Foetal Anti-Convulsant Medication Syndrome.
- To put families in touch with other support groups who are able to help with specific problems.
- To support children with educational needs and also with health issues.
- To help families understand social services and benefits available to them.
Membership: See website for details
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.