Pain Concern is a UK charity which provides information, help and support to people living with pain and those who care for and about them.
- To provide information on pain using a variety of medial platforms.
- To provide support to people with pain and those who care for them.
- To campaign to raise awareness about pain and improve the provision of pain management services.
- Our Airing Pain radio show is a series of audio podcasts featuring the experiences of those coping with and managing their everyday pain and interviews with top, internationally recognised experts.
- Our magazine Pain Matters contains news, features and comment on topics including self-management techniques, research into pain treatments and personal experiences of living with pain.
- Our leaflets on self-management and other topics are authored by experts with years of experience as healthcare professionals specialising in pain. They are down-loadable from the website and sent out on request.
- Our Helpline is staffed by volunteers who provide information, support or just a listening ear to people wanting to talk about their own pain or that of a family member or friend.
- Our community on HealthUnlocked provides members with a forum to share experiences and also hosts polls and blogs.
- Out policy team works to raise awareness of pain and advocates for improvements in pain management provision through campaigns and lobbying.
- We are members of the Scottish Government's Chronic Pain Steering Group, across the party group in the Scottish Parliament and Pain UK. We are affiliates of the Chronic Pain Policy Coalition.
Membership: Contact for current membership fees.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.