Parents for Inclusion
Working for the inclusion of disabled children. Previously known as Parents in Partnership.
Aims: To ensure that young disabled people are fully included in mainstream education so they get the education they need to lead full and effective lives as adults.
- Helpline for parents.
- Inclusion groups in schools for parents in many South London schools for all parents who have concerns about their children's education.
- Planning positive futures training for parents, run by disability equality training teams.
- Working closely with the Alliance for Inclusive Education, which is a campaigning organisation led by disabled adults.
- Inclusion training for parents and professionals.
- Representing the parent voice at national level.
- Centre for Inclusion - a fully accessible training/conference room.
- Developing a database of inclusive schools.
- Developing regional networks with local organisations.
- Link for parents with disabled adults - who are positive role models.
- Contact with other organisations in the Inclusion movement.
Local Groups: Local affiliated groups which are independent.
Membership: Free, donations welcome.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.