Organisation run by and for people with learning disabilities.
- To help and support people with learning disabilities.
- To provide a voice for people with learning disabilities.
- To promote the social model of disability.
- To campaign for the rights of people with learning disabilities and support self advocacy groups across the country with information, advice and training.
- To teach people who don't have learning difficulties to be aware of the rights and needs of people with learning difficulties.
- Provides support, information, advice and training on issues relating to people with learning difficulties, and to promote the use of accessible information.
- Sets up and supports People First groups and helps them to develop and become stronger.
- Provides training so those with learning difficulties can be involved in the services that they use.
- Holds conferences on speaking up about people's rights.
- Participates in different committees that make decisions about people with learning difficulties.
- Produces information and campaigns for the rights of learning disabled people.
Local Groups: Please contact national headquarters for regional branch information.
Membership: Please enquire for details.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.