Prader Willi Syndrome Association (UK)
Support organisation for families and carers of those with PWS.
- To promote the care, welfare, treatment, interest, education and advancement of persons suffering from the Prader-Willi Syndrome by any appropriate means.
- To establish mutual help groups and to co-ordinate the activities of such groups.
- To provide papers, periodicals, pamphlets and other information to further the aims of the Association.
- Contacts and supports families concerned with the disorder.
- Informs health professionals, families and the public in general about the disorder.
- Raises funds, invites and receives contributions by way of subscriptions, donations and otherwise.
- Fosters and supports research into the causes and alleviations of the disorder.
- Friendly telephone help and support.
- In-house training.
- Welfare benefits advice.
- Reference library.
- Access to medical experts on PWS.
- Conferences and events.
- A wide range of free leaflets on website.
Local Groups: In some areas. Call office for details.
Membership: By donation.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes