Pyramid of Arts
Leeds based arts project. They enable people to take part in exciting, empowering arts projects, regardless of their level of disability or disadvantage.
- Encourage the integration of people with and without learning disabilities through the medium of the creative arts.
- Create communities of artistic interest, which include people with learning disabilities.
- Educate people with and without learning disabilities in communication and group working skills and about the creative arts.
- Their art is important to them. They make things that can go into performances or exhibitions and can be shown in public.
- They develop teamwork and a sense of belonging. They have fun and make friendships working together.
- They have good tools and materials to make work to a high standard.
- They take part in talking about projects and their work. They talk about what they enjoyed and what they found hard.
- They challenge unacceptable behaviour in the group and try to understand why it is happening.
- They get fully involved in projects. This means taking part in running the group as well as doing the artwork.
- They respect and appreciate everyone's input to the work they are doing.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.