Provides information and advice to families of children with upper-limb deficiencies.
- To promote the relief of children with upper-limb deficiencies.
- To encourage mutual aid and support between the families of upper-limb deficient children.
- To provide information and advice to families of children with upper-limb deficiencies.
- Encourages and supports research activities in the areas of upper-limb prosthetics and orthotics, the causes of congenital upper-limb deficiency and surgical techniques for the relief of children with upper-limb deficiencies.
- Liaises with professional bodies and institutions concerning this.
- Develops and maintains a library and provides an information service.
- Runs insurance scheme for the remaining 'good arm' of children over two.
Local Groups: Branches in many parts of the country provide opportunities for families to meet locally.
Membership: Open to parents of children with upper-limb deficiencies and persons of 18 years and over.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.