Rett Syndrome Association UK
Rett syndrome is a rare neurological disorder affecting mainly females and very few males. People with Rett syndrome have profound and multiple physical and learning disabilities and are totally reliant on others for support throughout their lives. Rett syndrome is the most common genetic cause of severe disability in females.
Aims: To promote greater understanding of the syndrome amongst professionals, and support parents and carers.
We aim to do that by:
- Identifying people with Rett syndrome. Rett syndrome affects 1:15000 females and considerably few males.
- Offering practical help, friendship and support to people living with Rett syndrome as individuals, families and other carers and supporters.
- Providing high quality up to date information about best practice in treatment and care.
- Promoting greater understanding and awareness of Rett syndrome amongst the general public and amongst medical professionals.
- Funding research into the cause and treatment of Rett syndrome and towards an eventual cure.
- They rely almost entirely on donations and grants for our income. Please help us make a difference.
Local Groups: Groups throughout the UK, contact head office for details.
- £20.00 - Parents, relatives and individuals living in the UK.
- £25.00 - Professionals and those living abroad.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press,
DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes.