RNIB Access Consultancy Services
RNIB access consultancy is a pan disability service which aims to help create an inclusive society by providing good practice guidance, expert advice and consultancy across a range of topics from built environment to web accessibility.
- Access Audits of existing environments to identify barriers to access and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Design appraisals of proposed environments to identify potential barriers to access, offer solutions and advise design teams.
- Access statements at any or all stages of a project, to help show how inclusive design is being considered.
- Signage assessments of existing signage, development of new signage strategies, design assessments, costings and samples.
- The design and production of RNIB Map for all in both large static displays or as hand held tactile maps.
- RNIB React electronic wayfinding system for blind and partially sighted people in pedestrian and transport environments.
- The creation of tactile images that allow blind and partially sighted people the opportunity to explore objects that would not normally be accessible to them.
- Touch installations that can be used to interpret a wide range of subjects in a variety of different environments.
- Inclusive design products consultancy and the RNIB reference.
- Visual and disability awareness courses and a range of technical courses.
- Web consultancy, including audits, user testing, PDF assessment and training.
- Publications relating to inclusive design.
Whilst all the information given in this document was correct at the time of going to press, DIAL Doncaster cannot be held responsible for any subsequent changes